In case the game is still popular at your house and you want to know how to make a Plants vs Zombies mask, here’s an easy guide for you.
I mentioned in a previous post that my son wanted to be a zombie last Halloween so my mom made his costume and I made his mask, it was just unfortunate that he fell sick on the day we were supposed to go trick or treating. The only time he was able to use his costume was at home so we could take pictures before the poor boy went back to bed.
Since he still wanted to be a zombie this year, I had to make a new mask because my little girl “terminated” the other one.
Here’s how I made it.
You will need the following:
- An old box.
- Masking tape
- Tissue paper
- 1 2-inch styroball cut in half
- 4 small rectangular styrofoam for the teeth
- Green and black poster paint
- Paint brush
- Patience. Lots.
- Find an old box that’s just a little larger than your kiddo’s head.
- Command it to take a round shape instead of square. I don’t care how you do it but this is an important step, otherwise, your kid will end up looking like a confused minecraft character.
- Form one end of the box into a semi round shape with masking tape, crumpled paper, more paper until you want to scream F this shit. Zombies have weird shaped heads anyways.
- Fill the insides with crumpled paper so your kiddo’s head won’t go all the way inside.
- Cut an oval shape in the area where you think your kiddo’s eyes are going to be.
- Turn hole into something that resembles a mouth.Doesn’t matter how you do it.
- Glue the small rectangular styro anywhere the mouth where you want the teeth to be.
- Conceal your lack of artistic creativity with white bond paper. Use a white masking tape to keep them in place.
- Mix 1 cup of white glue with a tablespoon of water.
- Use the mixture to paper mache that hideous mask with tissue paper. Let it dry.
- Using a glue, stick the styro eyes where you want them to be.
- Except for the eyes, paint the entire thing green or gray, doesn’t matter.
- Paint small circles in the middle of the eyes with black poster paint. Do not use permanent marker. Trust me.
- Let it dry over night and I suggest you don’t try it on yourself.
So, did I confuse you? Here’s a visual guide.
My son can see through the mouth.
Or maybe not. Whatever.
I know that this is such a lousy DIY guide, but believe me, I did not know what I was doing either.
That’s the beauty of it, you will never know what you will end up with but trust me, whatever you come up with? Your kiddo will love it.
Don’t forget to collect candy tax.
Fancy voting for me?